WORLD ELECTRO DANCE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WORLD ELECTRO DANCE

The official forum of World-Electro-Dance.com by MAidioTec. Vidéos news of electro dance in all the world. Electro dance born in 2000 years in France with Tecktonik. Broadcast your-electro-self !!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Donegal's Karl Lacey on stand-by for Rules Second Test

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

Donegal's Karl Lacey on stand-by for Rules Second Test Empty
PostSubject: Donegal's Karl Lacey on stand-by for Rules Second Test   Donegal's Karl Lacey on stand-by for Rules Second Test Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Karl Lacey Lacey was added to the Ireland squad as cover because of doubts over the availability of a number of players

Donegal player Karl Lacey could play a part in Friday's Second International Rules Test against Australia amid doubts over Emmet Bolton's fitness.

Kildare player Bolton sustained concussion after an accidental clash in Friday's First Test in Melbourne.

Lacey was added to the original Irish squad because of doubts over the availability of a number of the squad.

However, those doubts then abated and All Star Lacey was not required for Friday's 80-36 victory.

Meanwhile, GAA director general Paraic Duffy has acknowledged that a poor attendance at Friday's Second Test on the Gold Coast could increase the doubts over the future of the series.

There have been reports that the Australian Football League is becoming increasingly lukewarm about the hybrid code and Duffy has admitted to concerns over the low 22,000 attendance at Friday's opener in Melbourne.

"I'll be interested to hear what their (the AFL's) angle is on the attendance figures," said Duffy

"The figures suggest an apathy among the supporters. How they see it, I don't know.

"They got a crowd of 22,000. You would expect a minimum of 30,000.

"I can't say what the AFL view is. We have no discussions on it."

The GAA director general added that the code must remain "cost neutral" to the GAA for it to remain financially viable.

"We keep our home gate receipts and the profits we make from that goes to fund the tour to Australia.

"So from that point of view the attendance is not a problem for us this year but if the numbers fall here I think inevitably they will start to fall in Ireland.

"That would cause an issue because if our attendances were to fall to a similar level we simply couldn't afford it. "

Omega 3 Fish Oil
badoo
Back to top Go down

Donegal's Karl Lacey on stand-by for Rules Second Test
Page 1 of 1